[mythtv-users] [mythtv] New Build commercial detection speed

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Nov 18 01:58:34 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 20:07, Mitchell Gore wrote:
> That depends.  Are you talking about analog RTJPEG recordings? MPEG2?
>
>     MPEG4? H264?  Or are these digital MPEG2 recordings? or H264?  At what
>     bitrate?
>
> MPEG2 off OTA and QAM.

The commflagger is multithreaded, and runs at one quarter resolution.
With MPEG2, there is an optimized decode path that runs at low quality
and high speed.  On a modern dual core processor, you should be running
HD MPEG2 commflags at several times realtime.  A test of a 12.5Mbps
1080i recording from CBS just ran on my 3.3GHz dual core at 310fps.