[mythtv-users] MythmetadataLookup again

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:58:20 UTC 2011

> Additionally, interpreting this text into season and episode vlaue would
> require me to add parsing of text descriptions to look for season and
> episode in non-season and episode text fields, in every language, for every
> guide data, in every locale in the world.  That's just not going to happen.
>  The guide data should have the correct subtitle, and not overload it with
> data which is definitively not subtitle.
>

> I dont know if that field was filled with data before i switched grabber,
and i dont know if it is a "universal" field that work in the same way in
every country/language.

But i noticed in the program table there is a field called
syndicateepisodenumber. It contains season and episode number. For example
E1S1, episode 1, season 1, or E1S2011, episode 1, season 2011.

Couldn't that information be used to fill out the season and episode fields
in the recorded table for recordings? And then be used to find the correct
episode/season in thetvdb.org?

But maybe syndicateepisodenumber is not used for any other EPG source, only
Sweden? Or it look different in other countries?

Or maybe it already is used that way. I haven't made a new recording yet
with the new EPG data.

/Stefan