[mythtv-users] MythmetadataLookup again

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:09:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Stefan D <raptorjr08 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The subtitle should be the title of the episode, not a descriptive text
>> as this appears to be.  It's "good enough" in that those values will be
>> unique and work for duplicate matching, but bad enough that metadata
>> lookups are always going to fail (unless someone from sweden adds the guide
>> titles to each episode... but I can't recall whether TVDB even supports
>> this).
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Well, i can always try to talk to the guys that supplies the Swedish guide
> data if they can make changes. If the data is ok, but just in the wrong
> place.
> So if i understand correct, a valid title would be "House Del 11 av 23
> säsong 2010"? And the subtitle should be empty? What is subtitle actually
> used for?

No, the title should be "House" and the subtitle should be the name of the
episode, like "DNR".

The "Del 11 av 23 säsong 2010" is just a made up string which doesn't mean
anything for the purposes of a metadata lookup.  Obviously it means
something to the guide author/local reader, but it's not a convention used
by any metadata lookup or source.

Robert