[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 11.10 on a Nvidia Atom

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:28:10 UTC 2011

2011/11/16 Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com>:
> On 16 November 2011 08:23, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I think the new link is: http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> Thanks for the link, is possibe to add some lines on /etc/apt/sources?
>>
>> I prefer to do it manually and not installing deb files.
>>
> my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-repos.list &
> mythbuntu-repos.list.save (2 files):
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu natty main
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/testing/ubuntu natty main
>
> there seems to be nothing mythbuntu orientated in the
> /etc/apt/sources.list location, and is the standard ubuntu list.
> not sure if that helps any!
>

>> I am really happy with Mythbuntu, it works great without any extra
>> configuration (vdpau, lirc, sound...), that great!
>>
>> Thanks and best regards.
>>
>> --
>> Josu Lazkano

Thanks Tim!

I added this lines:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu oneiric main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu oneiric main

Then add the public key:

apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 13551B881504888C

And now I have a update version:

$ mythfrontend --version
xprop:  unable to open display ''
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-107-g088335b
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.4
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

I am not at home, but I record a TV show from mythweb and it is recording well.

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano