[mythtv-users] MythTV Companion for iPad Update

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Nov 16 01:00:38 UTC 2011

On 16/11/2011, at 3:59 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> * Cost, if any, is TBD-- I would like to recoup the cost of the dev
>> license/iPad, but I may just make the app free and see if people would be
>> willing to donate a bit to offset these development costs.
>>

> Robert,
> I think your app looks great and I would pay a small fee to use it on my
> Apple devices (currently iPhone 4, iPod Touch, no iPad).  I would
> definitely consider charging a few bucks to make it worth your while (maybe
> $1.99 or $2.99).

I find the apple world full of
'I'm god's gift to mankind. I've written a great app that you can use for $$)
So while I absolutely accept that it is meet and right for you to get reimbursed for your expenses I would like to see that managed in a way that is consistent with mythtv project paradigm.
How to do that? I've no idea!
Perhaps the iPad folk, emails, commitment, totals-met, payment, project-proceeds is a way. In any event I think it is important for (a) robert to recouperate costs (b) myth to avoid the sullied commercial taint
James