[mythtv-users] MythmetadataLookup again

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Nov 15 22:24:19 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 17:10, Stefan D wrote:
> 2011-11-15 22:45:32.649377 I  Running Grabber:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l sv -N House Del 11
> av 23 säsong 2010
>
> As i understand it, the first line is a lookup of the actual
> recording. It contains the name, season info and episode info. If i
> run that line manually i get:
>
> stefan at tvdator:~/dev/mythtv$
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l sv -N House Del 11
> av 23 säsong 2010
> ...... and so on.
>
> Not the correct episode or season, but at least on unique hit.

You did not run that line manually.  Due to an inconsequential bug in
how that executable is logged, MMG is actually running

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l sv -N House "Del 11 av
23 säsong 2010"

Which returns nothing.  When you run the script manually without the
quotes, ttvdb.py grabs the first two words as title and subtitle,
ignoring the rest, and 'Del' is sufficiently close to the returned
episode 'DNR' for the tvdb API to return a match.

MMG will not work on your recordings until you get an EPG provider that
supplies proper subtitles, or you manually specify the season and
episode number for each recording.