[mythtv-users] Seriously need help fixing new setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 14 16:06:08 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 06:11 PM, networks1 wrote:
> So I've been working on a new setup for about a week now, and I can't get it to work, and I'm just about at the end of my rope.  Relevant facts are: New setup is Fedora 15.  Capture device is HDPVR.  Restored old DB from previous setup.  I have verified that cat /dev/video0 produces output.  IP address is set to 127.0.0.1.  Earlier I could get frontend to start without complaints, now both it says it can't connect to backend.  setup pops up a window saying it can't connect to backend, but then asks if I want to stop backend before continuing setup :-/  ps -e says mythbackend is running.
>
> mythbackend log after most recent reboot says:
> 2011-11-13 15:56:57.661 Configuration::Load - Error parsing: /etc/mythtv/config.xml at line: 1  column: 1
> 2011-11-13 15:56:57.661 Configuration::Load - Error Msg: error occurred while parsing element

Which means that your system is using defaults to connect to a
database--and, based on the missing/broken Video Source definition
mentioned later, I'm guessing that it's the wrong database (not the one
that was working on your system before you restored the old database).

Use mythfrontend -p to re-configure the config.xml stuff or just edit
config.xml.  Also, if you /do/ have a mythconverg database on some other
host (versus the one that should have it), I /highly/ recommend dropping
that database--if you have only one mythconverg database schema on the
entire network, MythTV will never successfully connect to the
wrong/unconfigured/not usable one.

Mike