[mythtv-users] A 14-Way Comparison Of NVIDIA vs. Nouveau Drivers

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Nov 13 19:31:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 07:16 +0000, Richard Morton wrote:
> Which just adds weight to the argument that nvidia should just help
> them, they're going to do it anyway, the internals of nvidia do it
> will be understood; might as well make the most of the opensource
> community

IMO, they almost did help by scrapping the xf86-video-nv driver. More
attention was then turned to development of nouveau as no other solution
existed in the kernel.

The binary blob is fine for some, but I do prefer to support the open
source solutions and I also like things such as KMS.

Each to their own.

Tom