[mythtv-users] AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:08:28 UTC 2011

On 11 November 2011 16:38, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:

>> There is a working patch for AF9015, ask it on linux-media list.
>>
>> Regards.
>
> thanks for the tip - i'll try there!

with thanks to the v4l mailing list, i now have a working setup.
i believe the following patch fixed my specific issue:
http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/8404/, although i did get a custom
patch file from the submitter, i believe this is the correct patch to
use should it occur again.

so far, it's been running fine for 12 hours, where as before it would
be broken after 30-60mins.

since i might need this in the future, or others might find it useful:

here is how to patch Ubuntu 11.04
To patch and update check you have the following installed using
terminal.

sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install patchutils
sudo apt-get install libdigest-sha1-perl
sudo apt-get install libproc-processtable-perl

find a suitable location in your home directory and run the following
commands.

git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git

cd media_build

./build

Now put the 0000.patch in the media_build directory and run the
following command.

patch -d linux -p1 < 0000.patch

make

sudo make install

then reboot (in my case, i also had to remove USB stick for a moment
and reinsert it for it to reset itself)