[mythtv-users] Video is X frames ahead of audio, doubling video frame interval to slow down

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:36:54 UTC 2011

It seems this isn't limited to HD content, happens on SD also whenever
VDPAU is used.

I've tried every conceivable setting to fix this

My only other thought is it may be related to cpu scaling. I've
noticed triggering a spike in cpu will causes a flurry of 'Video is
ahead of audio' messages, usuallly after the machine has been playing
idley for a while. My hunch is that the cpu isn't being stressed so
scales down, any sudden requirement of cpu cycles causes the audio to
lag behind briefly before the cpu ramps back up again.

Now if I could just find how to set the cpu to performance mode in
Ubuntu 11.10 (no cpu scaling applet)#

** Just as I was writing this, playback completely paused until I
started moving the mouse+alt/tabbing when it sprang back to life.