[mythtv-users] AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:12:39 UTC 2011

> I had terrible problems with MSI Digivox duos (and the Kworld
> equivalent) using the AF9015 chip recently. Got the updated firmware etc
> but suffered awful reliability. Ended up having to shutdown the backend
> for 30 seconds, often twice a day. By the end I was missing 60% of my
> scheduled recordings.
>
> Not what you want to hear I know, but I ended up getting a european HDHR
> from ebay and haven't looked back. It really does just work.

i've been expecting a reply like that.

the info i've found on the AF9013/AF9015 seems to sugest i need to use
certain drivers (which have now been merged into another codebase and thus
unavailable), and a patch applied.
no drivers of the correct checksum, then no patch, and no reliably working
device!

from what i've read on the AF9015, then the issue is with some sort of
hardware signal switch, which gets confused. i guess after a while, mythtv
asks for input1 feed, but the device has it's swtich status confused, and
is swapping the hardware input incorrectly.

£10 used, from ebay - cant moan it doesnt work :)