[mythtv-users] AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Thu Nov 10 22:12:51 UTC 2011

Tim Draper wrote:

>         Maybe it's a similar problem like the Nova-T 500 has? It doesn't
>         like a
>         reboot. Can you try to power down your computer and switch it
>         back on
>         and see whether you still get the messages? Maybe you also need
>         to dis-
>         and reconnect the stick before switching the PC back on.
>

> ok, i've rebooted the BE, and still the same issue - looks like the USB
> stick needs to have power fully removed from it so it can reset.

That's what I meant above. Shut down your PC completely. If your USB
ports are still powered after a shutdown, look in your BIOS to power
them down.

Have a look in your syslog whether the stick is found in a "cold state"
or a "warm state" when booting.

> any more ideas? not sure im going to spend alot of time on this one -
> was only £10 but it would be nice to get it working..

Mine works absolutely fine alongside a Hauppauge Nova-T 500, which give
me 4 physical tuners in total. But my backend shuts down when not in use
and wakes up when a recording is about to start. So I never reboot my
backend knowing that the Hauppauge card has problems with it. Maybe the
USB tuner has problems with a reboot too, I'll never know... ;-)