[mythtv-users] Upgraded the Ubuntu 11.10 and not Myth, can't connect to MySQL

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 13:46:30 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 12:00, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 20:19:03 -0600
> From: Bill Meek<keemllib at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Upgraded the Ubuntu 11.10 and not Myth
> 	can't connect to MySQL
> To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> On 11/07/2011 06:08 PM, Damian wrote:
>> >  Any clue for where to go next??
> Hi;
>
> What do you get when you type the following (wait
> for a response after typing each command):
>
>    sudo stop mysql
>    sudo status mysql
>    sudo netstat -an|grep 3306
>
> -- Bill

Hi Bill,

Here's the results of those commands:

damian at MythBox:~$ sudo stop mysql
mysql stop/waiting
damian at MythBox:~$ sudo status mysql
mysql stop/waiting
damian at MythBox:~$ sudo netstat -an|grep 3306
damian at MythBox:~$

The last one didn't return anything.

Any ideas what to do next? I'm loosing hope as I go further out of my
zone of knowlege. I'm completly in the hands of this group to get this
back up and running. It keeps feeling close, but just not getting there.

Cheers all
Damian