[mythtv-users] OT: ATSC "omnidirectional" antenna recommendations

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Tue Nov 8 13:43:49 UTC 2011

> Finally bought a house after years of renting, and I want to do a one-time
> installation/adjustment of an antenna that will get me all my available
> OTA
> channels. I had done this earlier with a programmable indoor Radio Shack
> antenna. It usually worked, but required a lot of constant adjustment and
> calibration. I'd like to get something that won't have to be messed with.
> All my stations are "red," according to antennaweb, and are all within an
> arc of 8 degrees or so.
>
> Do people have "omnidirectional" antennas that are working well in a
> low-maintenance setup? Thanks!

Can you provide a tvfool report for your area?  www.tvfool.com

Saying that, you'll get more On Topic advice from
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=6

As someone else wrote, a directional antenna will give you much better
results than an omni.  I use an Antennacraft HD33 to pick up stations
about 60 miles away.  The important thing is to get it as high as
possible.

Rob