[mythtv-users] Random pauses - system details and log file link

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:01:59 UTC 2011

On 8 November 2011 01:24, Andrew Allison <andrew.allison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to diagnose the random pauses that have been occurring for some
> time.
>
>        Thanks again in advance

Andrew

You haven't actually provided all logging, as suggested in your first
email. The logging in master has changed and you need to specify both
the flags (e.g. -v all) and the log level (you want --loglevel=debug).

That said, I *think* it's fairly clear that you have an audio setup
problem. The most obvious potential issue is PulseAudio - and I'd
remove it entirely. Pulse has been a known issue on many systems for a
number of years. If that doesn't help, I would certainly try removing
the second sound card.

regards

Mark

(P.S. Please just reply to this email rather than starting a new thread.)