[mythtv-users] alternate profile for Videos that won't play using VDPAU

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Tue Nov 8 05:35:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 17:54 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Glen <glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have an NVidia Ion2 frontend in my lounge and some of my downloaded
> > videos don't play properly when using VDPAU. They go all blocky.
> >
> > So far I have tried switching to the "Slim" profile (not the "VDPAU
> > Slim") and it plays perfectly.
> >
> > I know you used to be able to have a selectable alternate video player
> > (VLC, MPlayer, etc.) but is there a way to select an alternate profile
> > for videos that don't play correctly? Other than manually going into the
> > playback settings, of course.
>
> leftfield< are the downloaded videos all a particular resolution that
> none of the OK videos are? If so set up a profile where all videos of
> that resolution go to a non vdpau playback method?

I had thought of that and I haven't checked the resolution yet.
I had hoped that there would be a way to just play individual videos
using a different profile rather than forcing all videos of the same
resolution to use a lesser profile.
However, it's not like they are a high def resolution so it probably
doesn't matter.