[mythtv-users] Random pauses - log file

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:02:42 UTC 2011

On 7 November 2011 20:34, Andrew Allison <andrew.allison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still trying to track down those random pauses
>
> Here's a copy my frontend log will all logging enabled. It is a video
> played from the video folder to help narrow down the problem.

Andrew

This log snippet is next to useless. Generally speaking, I would
suggest to anyone that they never trim logs - there is all sorts of
relevant information about your system and setup that is included
earlier. Furthermore, you've provided about 3 hundredths of a second
of logs from the very beginning of playback which can't possibly cover
the pause that you are trying to isolate.

> I noticed there is 2 errors listed about 19 lines down.
> can not open dri and
> can not open /dev/rtc

These are not important.

> About 28 lines from the bottom where the program is waiting for the
> buffer to fill.
>
> I'd attach the complete log, but it's 20 meg for a short video.

You need to upload that log somewhere (and provide the link!),
highlight the timestamp around which you actually see an unexpected
pause and provide some useful information about your system (os,
network, storage, file systems etc etc).

regards

Mark