[mythtv-users] Anyone using a Hauppauge WinTV Duet USB Stick?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:57:13 UTC 2011

> did you bit the bullet with this, and get one? with some recent changes of
> my mythtv setup, i can no longer use my PCI HVR1100 card, so i'm looking for
> a usb option. as you say, the WinTV-Duet is a bargain for a dual tuner
> device (£40 in the UK)

No I got a cheap mini DVB-T single tuner off ebay instead (£10 - it is
the size of a thumbnail and was delivered by a UK seller).

I am using Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS at the moment and do not want to
upgrade or cause any problem needing a full reinstall.  I will suffer
the need of a full upgrade when the next LTS comes along - there are
probably no drivers for my new cheap mini DVB for that but hopefully
we will know if the Duet works or not by then.

The cheap tuner needed drivers compiling but I knew from research it
worked great with Ubuntu 10.04 (and it did).

Be careful if buying two USB sticks that need the same drivers as some
drivers do not support the same stick plugged in twice especially if
they are the cheaper kind.

If anyone can confirm a WinTV Duet works that would be useful for the future?

Also do you need Ubuntu 11.04 / DVB-T driver support version?  Will
10.04 support the Duet?

Thanks