[mythtv-users] Live TV Browsing starts on the wrong channel (channel 2 every time) when first switched on

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Nov 6 13:17:16 UTC 2011

> I'm running Fedora 15 with mythtv-0.24.1-2.fc15.i686 as the version number
> (I'm not sure how to get the revision #).
>
> When I start watching Live TV, and it starts on channel 25, if I go to
> change a channel, Browsing takes me to channel 2.  If I change to channel
> 15, and then go to browse again, everything is fine -- it goes to 14 or 16.

I've experienced this too. I believe the issue you are describing is
the same as the following ticket:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9540

That ticket was closed, and the patch applied to 0.24-fixes as of Aug
12. According to the following page, your version seems to be from May
30:
http://pkgs.org/fedora-15/rpmfusion-free-updates-i386/mythtv-0.24.1-2.fc15.i686.rpm.html

It appears there is a newer version available, from October 20th:
http://pkgs.org/fedora-15/rpmfusion-free-updates-testing-i386/mythtv-0.24.1-3.fc15.i686.rpm.html

That package probably has the fix included, but it appears to still be
part of the testing repository.

---
Ron Frazier