[mythtv-users] mythtranscode creates a .tmp file instead of replacing the recording

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Nov 6 03:19:26 UTC 2011

On 11/5/2011 17:45, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> The recording gets transcoded, but gets saved as .tmp file along with
> the original. If I play the recording in the frontend now it seems that
> it plays the transcoded file, but if I delete the original manually the
> frontend will complain about the missing recording when I try to play it
> again.

Mythtranscode will likely only replace the existing file if told to do
so as part of a task through the jobqueue.  Running it independently
through a user job will not do it.

When you create a cutlist, MythTV will automatically skip through any
area defined with that cutlist.  It will appear as if the cuts have
already been applied, but you are still using the old file.