[mythtv-users] Some analog cable channels are wrong in listings

F.B. Parker fbp.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:14:49 UTC 2011

Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't channel scan an analog cable TV feed that
> you're recording with a PVR.  Once you've
> configured the lineup, you'd run a "fetch from
> listings source" action to pull the correct
> mappings.

Thank you for your reply :)

I've done this:

In Mythbuntu: Applications -> System -> MythTV Backend setup, then

3. Video sources -> choose my source called "digital_cable"

Then "Fetching lineups from schedulesdirect" with a progress bar

Then:

Video Source Setup -> Listings grabber: North America (SchedulesDirect.org)
(Internal)

Then my userid and password. Then I do "Retrieve lineups"

Then I select the lineup, which is called Knology_CableDigital-Digital,
etc. (This cable service has analog channels 2-99 and digital channels 100
and up. I record channels 2-99 with the PVR-150.)

"Perform EIT scan" unchecked.

Channel frequency table: us-cable

Then "Finish"

Then:

4. Input Connections -> "[MPEG : /dev/video0] (Tuner 1) -> digital_cable"

This goes to a page called "Connect source to input" Then:

Input: Tuner 1

Video source: digital_cable

Then I select "Fetch channels from listings source" and hit enter

This appears to do nothing, or at least there's no visual feedback that
it's working. Wait a while, then "Next >". Then "Finish".

Exit the backend setup; this runs mythfilldatabase. Go into mythweb ->
Backend status; gives this: "Last mythfilldatabase run started on
2011-11-05 09:59:52 and ended on 2011-11-05 10:00:08. mythfilldatabase ran,
but did not insert any new data into the Guide for 2 of 2 sources..."

Then I look at the listings in mythweb, and I see "16 (MTV)" while the
schedulesdirect website for my video source shows "16 CNN", which is
correct.

Hmmm...

Again, I'm sure it's something stupid that I'm missing, but I can't quite
figure out what :)

-FBP