[mythtv-users] DD5.1 - BBC One HD - F1 Indian GP - No centre channel

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Nov 3 22:56:36 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

I've done some searching and noticed that there is a patch in discussion
for audio problems on Freeview HD.

I've noticed on recent recordings on BBC HD/One HD that when 5.1 DD is
indicated that the audio sounds terrible - with the centre channel being
completely silent.

With the F1 the centre audio appeared to be mixed into the left and right
channels and sounded like somebody was talking inside a cavern !

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm using 0.24.1 on Fedora 14, outputting via SPDIF to a Yahama DSP-E800.

Can provide samples or run required tests as needed.

I've resorted to switcing from the AC3 5.1 channel on recordings to the
MP2 stereo channel - which then outputs fine on centre and left / right.

Regards

Dave K.