[mythtv-users] Multiple Lineups / Live TV Channel Change

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Nov 3 22:30:03 UTC 2011

>Thanks for you help guys, I think I got it under control (and more
>importantly WHY it's the way it is).

Perhaps I don't have it under control.  I was working on this remotely and
just got home to test the effects.  I deleted all cards and set them back up
with 4 virtual tuners each, then connected them in the same order.  So I
ended up with this (shortened for sanity)...

HDHR1-0 (4 virtuals, Cable) (1st card created, 1st  connected to a source)
HDHR1-1 (4 Virtuals, Cable) (2nd card created, 2nd connected to a source)
HDHR2-0 (4 Virtuals, Cable) (3rd card created, 3rd connected to a source)
HDHR2-1 (4 Virtuals, Cable) (4th card created, 4th connected to a source)
HDHR3-0 (2 Virtuals, OTA) (5th card created, 5th connected to a source)
HDHR3-1 (2 Virtuals, OTA) (6th card created, 6th connected to a source)

After setting it that way, the scheduler managed to schedule everything to
HDHR1 using multirec, absolutely nothing assigned to HDHR2 so I figured I
was looking good.  I then flipped to Live TV, and it went right to HDHR3-1
as expected from the indication that LiveTV will work it's way from the
bottom up for available tuners.  However, when I flipped to a cable channel
(still in LiveTV, just punched in the channel number to change), it selected
HDHR1-0 as the input, rather than the HDHR2-1 I was expecting.  To further
compound my confusion, I exited Live TV and returned, and it tuned the
previously used channel as expected and again select HDHR1-0 as the tuner to
use.  Both Allow LiveTV to Reschedule Recordings and Avoid Conflicts Between
Live TV and Recordings are enabled, however testing with all combinations of
setting these had no impact.

Did I miss something, or misunderstand how Myth will select LiveTV (from the
bottom up of card id's) vs recordings (from the top down of input id's)?

Thanks