[mythtv-users] Multiple Lineups / Live TV Channel Change

Scott and Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Nov 3 18:25:15 UTC 2011

> >> So, if you're trying to use the hack that prioritizes Live TV over
> >> recordings, you would create your capture cards in the opposite order
> >> you want them used for Live TV (i.e. with the
> >> least-preferred-for-Live-TV card created first and the
> >> most-preferred-for-Live-TV card created last). Then, you would go
> >> through and connect inputs in the order you want those inputs used for
> >> recordings and change the default of 2 virtual tuners to 4 for each
> >> (digital/multirec-capable) input as you connect them. Then, when you've
> >> connected all the inputs, you would go back in and change the 4 virtual
> >> tuners to 5 to create a "Live TV" tuner.
> > OK, I think I've got the grasp of it all, except for one thing. Why do I want to change the default of 2 virtual tuners to 4 as I connect them? What's wrong with leaving them at 2?
>
> It only allows you to record two things simultaneously on a single
> multiplex. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

OK, just make sure I understood the connect then change to 4 virtuals part.  I deleted all capture cards.  I then added all my HDHRs in one at a time, leaving max recording set to 2, adding the OTA HDHR last.  I then went to Input Connections, connected HDHR Unit 1, TUner 0 to Source 1, then went back to Capture Cards and changed HDHR Unit 1, TUner 0's Max Recordings to 4.  I then went back to Input Connections and connected HDHR Unit 1, Tuner 1 to Source 1, then went back to Capture Cards and set HDHR Unit 1, Tuner 1 and set Max Recordings to 4.  And so on.  Is this what you meant?