[mythtv-users] Maximum simultaneous recordings issue

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Thu Nov 3 01:04:38 UTC 2011

My server has 3 capture cards:

     PVR250
     HD-PVR
     PCHDTV

The PVR250 and HD-PVR are in a Recording Group, since they both feed off of
one STB.

I seem to be having a problem where the maximum number of shows that will
record at one time is 2, even when inputs are available, and I need to
understand what's going on and how to fix it.

This evening is a perfect example.

1 - 8:00-8:30 Show to record on PVR250
2 - 8:30-9:00 Show to record on PVR250
3 - 8:00-8:30 Show to record on PCHDTV (Multiplex 1)
4 - 8:30-9:00 Show to record on PCHDTV (Multiplex 1)
5 - 8:00-9:00 Show to record on PCHDTV (Multiplex 2)

When going to "Upcoming Recordings" shows 2, 3 and 5 were set to record, with
1 and 4 as "Conflicting"

There's no conflict...unless for some reason, Myth has some magical limit of 2
shows.  My server is a quad core machine with a fast SATA hard drive, so it
certainly handle at *least* 3 simultaneous recordings.

This is running on Fedora 15 with the Myth 24.1 RPM's.  Previously I ran on
Slackware, so I have no problem with compiling from source, if that's what I
need to do.

Any ideas?

I can certainly supply any information that might be needed...

----