[mythtv-users] Setting up HDhomerun with XMLTV

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Nov 2 22:46:56 UTC 2011

On 11/2/2011 18:41, Jos Hoekstra wrote:
> Can I use that same listing for another DVB-C
> card(built-in) as well or do I need to copy this
> for that card as well?

That is semantically not possible, as the HDHomeRun is not a DVB-C card
for there to possibly be 'another DVB-C card' you want to use it in
combination with.  The HDHomeRun does DVB-T, meaning an antenna.  You
are not going to be receiving the exact same channels on both broadcast
and cable, such that you could use the same lineup for both.  You will
need to give each their own video source, and perform a scan on both,
followed by populating the scanned channels with XMLTV IDs.