[mythtv-users] Gray Hauppauge Remote Info

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 21:46:53 UTC 2011

I moved my backend with a couple of Hauppauge tuners out of the house.  The front end in the house still needs a remote.

My first preference is to re-use the gray Hauppauge remote because it has high WAF.  If you have seen the Modern Family episode about the Dumphy remote controls, that's pretty much my house.  The gray remote is familiar and accepted.  That's why I'm really motivated to keep it.

Does anyone know if an HP USB MCE receiver will communicate with the standard silver Hauppauge remote?

Thanks in advance.