[mythtv-users] Drop down TV monitors

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Nov 2 18:14:14 UTC 2011

On 11/2/11 1:53 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a drop down automotive (i.e. 12VDC) monitor?
>
> They vary in price from<  $100 to>  $500 - and apparently the
> manufacturers change model numbers faster than the assembly workers change
> underwear, making it almost impossible to find a monitor with good reviews
> that's still available.
>
> I am looking for something in the 11" - 15" range, composite input.  No
> speakers, lights, remote, dvd player necessary.  Just a monitor that folds
> up against the roof/ceiling.

One thing to consider is that many LCD monitors, particularly the
smaller ones, use a wall wart to get a DC voltage, anyway. All you need
to do is find one that is around 12v, and the right size, and you can
probably just wire it up. Of course, it's actually getting hard to find
smaller monitors/TVs these days, too, particularly ones with composite
in. To mount it, you can use something like this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082814&p_id=5754&seq=1&format=2

Let me know how you make out, as I am considering what to do in my
family's mini van.