[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Nov 2 14:25:07 UTC 2011

On 11/2/2011 10:05, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 01:10 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>>      export MYTHCONFDIR=/var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv
>> Yes.  He stated that in the first email.
> _export_ is what I added, and not in his original email.

Export is unnecessary.  Export is used to push the variable to the
global environment for that login, rather than limited to the context of
the currently running script.  As such, it is a _bad_ thing to use in a
script unless you are intentionally trying to configure the login
profile (such as /etc/profile or ~/.bash_profile).