[mythtv-users] mythpreviewgen using 100% cpu

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Nov 2 12:51:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that my myth machine is getting stuck on mythpreviewgen quite
> often.  When it gets stuck it consumes 100% cpu and never quits until I kill
> the process.  I'm running git head v0.25pre-3504-g90fb1a7 last updated Oct
> 13th.  Anyone else experience this issue or know how to resolve it?

I had this happen to me one time (that I know of) under 0.24. I saw
the process was running at 100%, and when I looked at the output from
ps, the process had been running for 2 weeks (presumably at 100% that
whole time). In my case, I'm not using an HD-PVR. Only a Ceton and a
HDHomerun (which is configured, but doesn't actually get used
anymore). Only saw it that one time, so I figured it's just a fluke
and didn't think much of it.

--
Ron Frazier