[mythtv-users] mythpreviewgen using 100% cpu

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:01:10 UTC 2011

2011/11/2 Greg Grotsky <spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com>:
> I've noticed that my myth machine is getting stuck on mythpreviewgen quite
> often.  When it gets stuck it consumes 100% cpu and never quits until I kill
> the process.  I'm running git head v0.25pre-3504-g90fb1a7 last updated Oct
> 13th.  Anyone else experience this issue or know how to resolve it?

I have same problem on 0.24, I try this script to "nice" the process
but it didn't work;:

#!/bin/bash

# Script to reduce CPU impact of preview generation at the end of a recording.
# mv /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen to /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen.real
# copy this script to /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen and make it executable,
# chmod 755 /usr/bin/mythpreviewgen

nice -n 19 mythpreviewgen.real $@

I am having this problem when a program guide change on LiveTV.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano