[mythtv-users] CBS rant

R KANNAN rk111810 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:58:11 UTC 2011

Apparently someone seems to be pretty upset with my posting.

Sorry Michael you reply to my question on MYSQL tables did help and the
check is in the mail.

---

Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:45:58 -0400
From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] CBS rant
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On 11/01/2011 10:49 AM, R KANNAN wrote:
> No offense to those engaged in this discussion.
>
>  I do not understand the purpose of this forum at all .I have asked
> some technical questions on Myth.I have gotten one or maybe two
> answering posts.  None of them unfortunately were helpful.

Does "helpful" mean, "the answer I wanted, rather than a truthful/useful
answer"?  Seems you've gotten answers to most of your questions...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/494392#494392 (EIT)
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/493425#493425
(disable HPET emulation for RTC wakeup)
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/493731#493731 (MythTV
expects exclusive use of tuners when mythbackend is running)

and here you gave yourself the answer ("Use Slim playback profile
group") - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/479905#479905

> But this CBS rant seems to attract people out of wood work to post,

Well, I'm just participating in the CBS rant while I wait for your
support check to clear.  Once it does, I'll get right on answering your
questions.  ;)

Not to mention the fact that I'm still waiting to see your reply to my
"not helpful" response telling you to fix your crashed MySQL tables:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/487607#487607 .  When
you tell me why that didn't work, I'll help you make it work.  I don't
pre-emptively assume my answers fail to help--I actually wait for a
reply that says there's still a problem.  If I don't receive one, I
assume my reply was helpful.

Mike