[mythtv-users] Number of cards for active EIT scan?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Tue Nov 1 15:41:29 UTC 2011

Hi.

I have a combined BE/FE with three DVB-S2 cards.
For some years I have had only one satellite position and using EIT for EPG has been working quite well.
The long term EPG is not very detailed, but the now/next information contains episode information and description so duplicate detection has been working quite good as well.

In May I connected a second dish for another satellite position. All DVB-S2 cards are connected in the same way to both dishes with Diseq switches.
After doing this I have noticed that MythTV quite often, or at least more often than before, misses the now/next update and thus duplicate detection is less reliable than before.

I have usually configured only the lowest priority card to be used for active EIT scan.
If I set all cards to be used for active EIT scan will more than one be used at the same time for this task?

Jens