[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Tue Nov 1 13:57:57 UTC 2011

On 28/10/2011 14:43, Josh Rosenberg wrote:
> I'd like to merge these recordings into one video file, still
> accessible to MythTV as a recording.  Is there any way to do that, and
> if so, how?

On a few occasions a year I've wished for an ability, within Myth
itself, to join recordings together. Like the OP, this might be
consecutive programs where one program overran, or maybe when a film is
split into two programs separated by the news. It would also be nice,
sometimes, to be able to split one recording into two programs.

The problem would be designing a good user interface for this, and
especially what to do about metadata. I guess joined/split recordings
could just be put into the Videos section, but that would be a shame
when the rest of the episodes of a series are in the TV section.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T