[mythtv-users] previously recorded repeats still recorded

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Tue May 31 10:01:30 UTC 2011

On 5/27/2011 12:02 PM, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
> When I check the scheduled recordings myth is choosing to record a lot
> of shows that have been previously recorded.  For the examples I have
> reviewed, I have verified that the show name and description are
> identical, but new broadcasts are still recorded.
>
>    Duplicate Check Method: Subtitle and Description
>
> I have a very old install that I have upgraded over the years so maybe
> it is a table that needs to be truncated or a frontend / backend
> problem.  Does anyone have some advice on how to troubleshoot this?
>
> Dan

Is it possible that those episodes weren't marked as watched in MythTV
(even though you watched them)?

I believe if an episode that isn't marked as watched gets auto-expired
to make room for new recordings, then it will re-record that episode the
next time it's aired, and will keep repeating this cycle until you
actually mark the episode as watched (or manually delete the episode).

-- Kevin