[mythtv-users] Bluetooth headset with ALSA

Wayne Thomas waynethomas69 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:25:04 UTC 2011

> > I want to configure it with ALSA and then switch the device with some
> > key on the remote. Does someone make something like this?
>
> I do not believe ALSA is capable of this.  You have actually found one
> of the rare circumstances where it does actually make sense to use
> PulseAudio.

What about creating a script that alters the content of the .asoundrc file
to change the default audio output to the headset (and vice versa) and then
force alsa to reload (i.e. sudo alsa force-reload, in this case you would
need to alter the sudoers file to allow that command to be executed without
a password).  Provided your Mythtv uses "default" as its audio output, and
it tolerates alsa vanishing and reappearing this might just work if you
execute the script with irexec.
Might be worth a try

Cheers
Wayne