[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat May 28 20:29:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 10:49:39AM -0700, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Tyler T <tylernt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > The big one for me is movies.  Every so often, I scan through the movies
> > playing in the next two weeks to see if there are any I want to record.  I
> > wouldn't want to have to do that even every 2 days.
> >
> > I just have a rule that records all category:movies, then I delete the
> > recordings I don't want to watch.
> >
> Hahah, If I did that, I would need about 20TB to get any reasonable amount
> of normal shows too.  Recording all movies really isn't an option for those

...or you could just put limits on that recording rule based on what your
other priorities are. You could also add some more restrictive criteria to
get rid of stuff that you're likely not interested in ( like avoiding all
of the B&W stuff ).

   If you're manually scanning through the guide then you aren't really
doing things right. At the very least you should be searching through the
guide.

[deletia]