[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:14:25 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

I am interested why reusing components in this way isnt the optimum
solution from the mythtv developers point of view.

I am guessing that the primary reason is that
1) you're limited by the functionality exposed by the tools that have
been selected (which would make storing the keyframe locations in a
database difficult I would expect)
2) you're constantly chasing your tail with dependency hell trying to
maintain stable, production quality systems with different
distributions of linux using different versions of the dependant tools
which may well be incompatible.

I am however generally interested in the pro's and con's from the
developers perspective.