[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Sat May 28 00:26:56 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 07:14 PM, Fluf wrote:
> On 27 May 2011 23:49, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
> <mailto:greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 05/27/2011 06:27 PM, Fluf wrote:
>>     Heya,
>>
>>     I've spent about 2 months now tinkering with DVB in various ways...
>     If you couldn't get Mythtv to run,you just weren't trying hard
>     enough...
>     I am off to watch commercial free TV....
>
> Hmm. Ok. Dare you to delete all your channel, transponder, input card
> and source data from setup. Then re-set-it up again. (You get to keep
> the searches .. hehe, now watch with delight as the channel numbers
> don't match up if you set a particular channel?) I get the feeling
> many people (perhaps like you) are running a system that was working
> fine, has been upgraded a few times and still works fine. Try doing it
> with 0.24 from scratch? (I also have a theory that if you're not in
> the UK and they don't keep shuffling transponders and amplifier
> strengths around, it's probably a lot easier as well).
> And you missed the " Even Windows comskip does a better job than
> Mythcommflag .. which stunned me!" bit. So I actually have less bits
> of adverts than I did with Myth.
> Oh and I had a zx80 as well. Still do somewhere. Even modded my zx81
> for I/O processing.
> All I'm trying to point out is the current incarnation of Myth is full
> of holes and bugs, so right now there are better alternatives.
> Sorry if that puts Myth users noses out of joint. But if it saves some
> one weeks of swearing at Myth when they think it's the only thing that
> does the job, then all good by me! If it wakes up a few Myth users and
> gets them nagging the bug reports a bit more. All good as well.

Like I said,It wasn't easy,but with no skills in Linux, I made it
work...I stand by my statement,you were unwilling to put in the time..
Not to get in a Pi**ing contest,but Mythtv works fine for most people..
I doubt the developers noses are out of joint either,after all they do
this stuff for their own pleasure,not too please you or me.. There are
plenty of users in the UK and they seem to be doing OK...
  I have used almost every PVR software on the market,none equals Mythtv....