[mythtv-users] mythweb / flowplayer and flv files updated howto?

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:07:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Rob Davis <rob at davis-family.info> wrote:
> On 27/05/11 04:06, Terjesen Jens Peder wrote:
>>
>> I think this is the same error I received when first trying to get this to work.
>>
>> If I rember correctly installing ffmpeg solved this for me.
>
> I have gone back to ffmpeg from libav, the command line convert is now
> working, but I don't know how to get the web interface to stream.  Will
> it convert automatically after each recording, or on the fly (in which
> case it's not working)..  Is there a log somewhere so I can work out
> what's happening.  Apache logs nothing past flowplayer.
>

> --
>
> Rob Davis

I think your best bet for figuring out why ffmpeg is failing to
transcode on the fly is to edit stream_flv.pl and change the piping of
std_err from /dev/null to a log file somewhere, then load up a browser
and try to stream a recording. Once it fails, open your log file and
see what it says.

That said, the files in git should work, assuming you've met the
dependency on ffmpeg.
--
Justin