[mythtv-users] Current state of internet radio streams in MythTV [CLOSED]

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Fri May 27 21:10:21 UTC 2011

On 27/05/11 03:43, Martin G wrote:
> Which is not only a shame, but also kind of an odd oversight, in my
> humble opinion. I'm surprised there's no interest in developing it.
> However, that's life with open source... if it happnes that no one is
> up to the development task, then that's all there is too it.

Actually the music player can already parse and play many internet radio
streams including those that use shoutcast/icecast format. It's just
there is currently no user interface to make use of it. I've slowly been
converting the music interface to MythUI and actually have had internet
radio stream playing working in my own personal source tree for many
months now. I just need to find the time and more importantly the
enthusiasm to complete the port.

Paul H.