[mythtv-users] Recent Drive Purchase from Newegg -- (10x WD2002FAEX-0)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:11:15 UTC 2011

> I've owned just about every make of drive on the market at one time or
> other,the only shipping failure I've ever had was a Quantum Big foot..It
> was rattling around in the bottom of the box(not a Newegg sale).. I
> can't recall the last time I've bought a HD from anyone other than Newegg...

At work when we still ordered from newegg every single disk order
contained at least 1 drive that was DOA. And I can say most of that
was poor packaging. I am talking about orders of 5 to 20 disks.
However with that said the last 3 orders I have made for my home from
newegg the drives were packed well. Although we have received a DOA
drive from cdw (approved vendor) at work this year and it was
definitely not bad packaging (each drive was in its own protected
inner box) so I am not sure what happened.

John