[mythtv-users] Kernel upgrade 2.6.32-27 to 2.6.32.31?

plainfaceboy . plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 14:11:03 UTC 2011

On 05/24/11 23:48, plainfaceboy wrote:
> Hi - I'm after a little advice....
>
> Got a Myth set up working reasonably ok -  Myth release-0-23-fixes (26863), Ubnutu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, HVR4000, kernel 2.6.32-27.
>
> I've had the 2.6.32-31 kernel upgrades in my update manager for some time but not done them as I'm pretty sure last time I upgraded the kernel things
> stopped working and I lost my recordings and ended up having to reinstall everything.
>
> That might have been from 2.6.31 to 2.6.32.....but can anyone advise what (if anything) I need to do to ensure a smooth upgrade?
> I may be being paranoid, but would rather be safe than sorry - thanks for any help!

You could also ask yourself:
If it ain't broken, why fix it ?A fair point - and it's why I've done nothing so far.
I do have a few niggles - eg can't get EIT listings for DVB-T (DVB-S ok), my remote stoppped working and my case LCD display (USB) freezes sometimes - was hoping an upgrade might help some of these things....