[mythtv-users] export to iPod, nuvexport, & mythextras

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue May 24 07:11:57 UTC 2011

On 23/05/2011 18:47, Ken Truesdale wrote:
> I've been using myth for about 6 months but this is the first time I need to export to an iPhone.  I found the wiki page about exporting to iPod ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPod_Export_Solution:_Myth2iPod ) and I was able to take care of everything except nuvexport.  It isn't on my system from the default install - I've done a find on 3 different mythtv installs and it doesn't exist (2 mythbuntu installs that were .23 and were upgraded and one that was newly installed using apt-get this week).

An easy alternative, which gives excellent quality and small files, is
to set up a user job to use Handbrake. Here's mine:

/usr/bin/HandBrakeCLI -i "%DIR%/%FILE%" -o
"/home/public/tmp/iTouch/%TITLE% - %SUBTITLE%.mp4" --preset="iPhone &
iPod Touch"

You'll just need to choose a sensible alternative for
/home/public/tmp/iTouch on your system.

Cheers,
	Paul.