[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:51:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> If you want to prevent all the "random short pauses" that occur during
> playback, simply change your Playback Profile group such that you never
> use VDPAU decoding.  Use ffmpeg decode with VDPAU rendering, and all
> works well.  The only pauses you'll see is the at-recording-start/stop
> pauses (which is a completely separate and unrelated problem).
>
> Oh, also, I'm not using VDPAU deinterlacing, but I haven't tried whether
> use of VDPAU deinterlace causes the problems even when using ffmpeg
> decode (but if so, that would be very valuable information for helping
> track down the root cause).

so the problem is with VDPAU? is the cause of the issue known and
something that can be fixed in the future?
what about on systems that need VDPAU for decoding like the ATOM based systems?

I have one frontend system that should be capable of not needing VDPAU
for decoding so I can try that when I get home from work tonight.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!