[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 not working with 0.24

Saul A Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:41:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011 07:54:20 -0700
Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Saul A Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 May 2011 22:54:51 -0400
> > Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> >> You upgraded to 2.6.38.  The kernel version removed V4L1 support,
> >> and in doing so, broke analog in MythTV.
> >
> > OK, I downgraded to .37 and made sure V4L1 is turned on. Same error
> > with 0.24.
>
> Did you also downgrade your kernel headers and recompile mythtv?
>
> Robert

No ... but I did it now and ... it works with kernel 2.6.39. So the
whole fix was compiling 0.24 against older kernel headers? The funny
thing is 0.23 was built against new headers and it worked ... Are you
sure myth build is using headers not actual kernel sources?
My /usr/src/linux points to 2.6.37-r5 right now.

--
Cheers, Saul