[mythtv-users] Recorder offline / can't add cards in mythtv-setup

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Mon May 23 02:52:00 UTC 2011

I am using MythTV 0.24.1 stable in Arch linux, all was working well but
today I got home and saw Recorder Offline error in FE, and all recordings
deactivated.

In mythtv-setup I had /dev/video1 and /dev/video2, and here is a quick
screenshot of what I saw: http://i.imgur.com/CuGul.png

Checking /dev/video I see:

> ll /dev/video
video    video0   video1   video24  video25  video32  video33

I removed the capture cards from mythtv-setup but trying to add new ones, I
don't get any option for MPEG, I can't add any /dev/video. Pretty confused
here, appreciate any help!

Thanks
Bobby

P.S. I doubt it could be a kernel update issue as I updated to 2.6.38 May
15? And this issue has only occurred today (in fact my last recording was
SNL last night).