[mythtv-users] Myth Archive failed

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun May 22 10:23:23 UTC 2011

Matt Harrison wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:58:31AM +1000, Chris Nicholls wrote:
>> Morning Everyone,
>>
>> I have a new problem with Mytharchive. It fails with this error message
>>       Failed: Failed while running ffmpeg to re-encode video.Command was
>> ffmpeg -threads 3 -v 1 -i
>> "/video/Recording2
>> /1030_20101207173000.mpg" -r pal -target dvd -b 4771k -s 720x576 -acodec
>> ac3 -ab 192k -ac 2 -copyts -aspect 16:9
>> "/video/temp/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1
>> That is is only message I get, how could I start hunting this down
>>
>> Any help appreciated
>
> If you can't find the actual error message in an obvious place, I'd try running the
> command manually and see what the output is.
>
> HTH
>
> Matt

It looks to meas if the name of the video source folder that is being
passed isn't properly terminated - unless the new line is an email
artifact.  It's defined in a colon-separated list in Frontend > Setup >
Media Settings > Video Settings > General, and the separator should be
_only_ a colon.

The main MythArchive log is progress.log in its work/logs directory;
it's just possible that mythburn.log would provide more info.

John P