[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri May 20 19:41:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> As much as I'd love to malign the cable companies, I'm sure they are under
> heavy pressure from the content providers they serve to keep things as
> locked down as possible.

That doesn't really explain why Comcast has most everything copy
freely, Verizon has an even mix (Apparently at random as far as I can
tell, I get Nickelodeon HD as copy freely, but the SD equivalent is
copy-once.  Try to explain the logic for that one.), and Time Warner
has everything they can nailed down.  It's the same content providers
in nearly all cases.

Eric