[mythtv-users] Is Btrfs a good choice for MythTV?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:50:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would say not at this time. The utility tools are no where near
> complete and the format has changed several times. I would currently
> use zfs over btrfs. Ext4 over both of these.

I'm not terribly worried about my recordings, I only keep 2 weeks to 1
month worth depending on the number of recording schedules I have
active.

ZFS is a good option but has patent issues which is why I think Fedora
has steered clear of it...

I currently use EXT4 for everything (system, videos, recordings...)
but I like the idea of getting away from LVM and the ability to online
resize (for increasing or decreasing) and adding disks is neat.

Richard